The project delivery system design/build is a method used in the construction industry where the design and construction services are contracted by a single individual. This method focuses on minimizing risks for the homeowner by overlapping the design and construction phases of a project. Instead of having a separate designer and contractor work on a project, this method has one person do both, therefore reducing risks and overall costs. Here at Greaves Construction, we focus on results.
- Everyone is on the same team. Everyone has the same goal of finishing a project correctly and within budget.
- Total accountability: One person is accountable for everything, including the end result, timeline, and budget.
- Continuity: As the same people will be working on your project from start to finish, there is less of a chance that things will fall through the cracks.
- Timeline: This system allows clients to stop to ask questions and consider their options; it is highly adaptive which leads to faster results.
- Cost effective: Since one company will be working on your project, they will always have your budget in mind; some studies have shown an average of 10% savings by using a design/build company.
Here at Greaves Construction, we believe that remodelers sell a service, one that you will have to live with for many years, so we want to ensure you get exactly what you want. We will take your plans and quote a price, or we can construct the job to your specifications while keeping a budget in mind. Whichever method you choose, we are sure you will always be happy with the end result.
While you are remodeling, you will essentially trust your contractor with your home, therefore you want to make sure you choose the right one. A good contractor will listen to your needs, and help you turn them into a working design; they will keep a safe and orderly work site; and they will save you time and money by completing the project the first time. We can guarantee you will see all of these qualities in our contractors at Greaves Construction.
No matter if you want to update your home for practical or aesthetic reasons, we can help you with anything from adding a ramp to expanding a kitchen or building an outdoor deck.
At Greaves Construction, we offer energy efficient products and materials to help reduce your carbon footprint. Your house is an arrangement of many smaller systems that must all work together; the main parts of green design/build for your house are management of heat, air, and moisture. By using durable, recycled products that will last we ensure that your house will help in the effort to keep our planet healthy.
We can help you create a handicap accessible home without sacrificing comfort or quality. We will meet with you first to discuss what specific requirements you need to be able to fully function in your own home. We can help you with anything from adding ramps to widening doors, or even add an elevator. We can either draft your new home to fit the qualifications, or we can remodel your existing home to include whatever you may need. Once completed, these designs will not only help you function better, but they will perfectly compliment your home’s overall layout.