If you’re considering a home remodel, it’s time to look for a universal design company in Tampa to achieve your vision.
You want your property to be a functional, comfortable and attractive space. Somewhere where you are proud to invite friends round. A place that feels more like home as you grow older. And you deserve to tailor the interior design to suit your requirements.
Opting for a universal design rehaul is the best way to achieve your goals. Regardless of your age, mobility and personal circumstances – this concept is all about contemporary convenience.
Choose a universal design company in Tampa and change your life.
Close your eyes and picture your perfect home. Now, consider all those little elements that would change your life.
Want a roll in barrier-free shower? How about step-free entry? What about an elevator or pool lift?
Let’s take your attention to the kitchen and think about what would make cooking more pleasurable. Perhaps lower pantry shelves or bespoke countertop heights?
These are all concepts that choosing a universal design company in Tampa can make happen. We apply seven principles to make this work.
The 7 principles of universal design
Universal design is the term applied to buildings and products accessible to everyone, regardless of age, mobility, or disability. Ever since 1997, universal design follows seven principles. These are as follows:
- Equitable Use: The design is suitable for people with a diverse variety of physical abilities. At the same time, the design should also be aesthetically appealing and compliment your home.
- Flexible Use: The design must adapt to suit all individual preferences and abilities. For example, whether you are left or right-handed.
- Intuitive and straightforward: No matter what your knowledge, language skills, or current concentration level are, the design should be easy to understand.
- Perceptible Information: Regardless of your sensory abilities, the design will convey all necessary information clearly.
- Tolerance for Error: The design will minimize the risk of hazards and the unfavorable consequences of accidental actions.
- Low Physical Effort: The design should be used with minimum fatigue.
- Size and Space for Approach and Use: Appropriate size and space is provided for approach, reach, and use regardless of your body size and mobility.
Building for everyone
Combine all the principles above, and you have the foundations of a home you will cherish for years to come!
At our Tampa universal design company, we apply the above principles to meet your personal wishes with our expertise. Tells us what you want, and we’ll breathe life into it. We take a collaborative approach and work in tandem by following these five steps.
- Identify your priorities to formulate a bespoke concept
- Establish the budget and timeline
- We construct the structural and interior design plans
- Acquire permits
- Begin the build!
If you’re looking to custom-build a house – the best choice is universal building design.
Ready to turn your humble abode into the home of your dreams? Then contact Greaves Construction, the premium universal design company in Tampa. Call us at (813) 985-2739 or contact us online to book your consultation.