If you are finally ready to make the necessary arrangements for whole house renovations in the Lutz, West Chase or Hillsborough County area, trust the professionals at Greaves Construction to make this process seamlessly successful. For over 30 years we have been helping families all over the Tampa Bay area create the house of their dreams, and we can help you too!
While it will be ultimately rewarding, the process of whole house renovations can be quite lengthy. At Greaves Construction, we want to help you get the most of out your investment, so we have put together a list of things to consider before getting started on your project in Lutz and West Chase:
- Sound. While insulation isn’t the most exciting thing to contemplate, compared to paint colors and new fixtures, you will be thankful for it when you can’t hear the TV from the next room, or the toilet flushing down the hall.
- Pipes. If you still have plastic waste pipes in your walls, you will consistently hear a very noticeable sound of falling water. Upgrading to cast iron will cut out that sound completely.
- Water. If you are looking to add a second story bathroom during your whole house renovations, take a moment to look at where your water lines are placed, so you can plan accordingly. You might also have to increase your water heater to accommodate the higher demand.
- Electrical panel. Upgrade the panel to ensure that it will be able to handle new and more appliances. This is also a good time to update your wiring as well.
- Think of the whole layout. When you are adding windows and doorways, consider the entire layout of your home. You don’t want to get halfway through the project, only to realize you need a doorway put in or moved over.
- Think ahead. If you have toddlers, you might love the idea of connected or adjacent bedrooms. But think ahead to when your children are older- they will want their privacy. At Greaves Construction in Lutz, West Chase, and Hillsborough County we specialize in universal design as well as whole house renovations. This includes creating the house to meet your needs right now in addition to meeting your needs 30 years from now. We can add a ramp, grab bars in the shower, or steps up to the bed.
We know that this process can be stressful, but it is our goal to make it enjoyable, and even fun. You are able to design your home exactly how you want it; that should be exciting, not stressful! When you hire Greaves Construction for your home remodeling, we will help you every step of the way.